Viewing Home Warranty Contract for Homeowner
Welcome to Nations Home
We are so happy you have chosen Nationsas your Home Warranty. We are one of the few companies to continue offering termite
coverage year after year. The best part of our partnership is that we are a Texas company with our headquarters located in Dallas. When it is HOT or COLD, we know it- and we care. You will be happy when you call our office, because there are no phone queues (phone jail) and your call will be answered personally by a friendly Customer Care Representative who is here to get your needs fulfilled. If you speak Spanish, our Customer Care Representative can handle that, too. Our office will call you after your service appointment is set, and we'll call you after service is completed to make sure you are satisfied.
A residential service agreement, also known as "Home Warranty" is intended to provide protection against the high cost of repairs to your systems and appliances. It is our intention to help you get your repairs done in a timely manner. Because there are Limitations and Exclusions in the contract, sometimes you will be responsible to pay costs not covered in the plan. Also, only the specific items in the plan are covered, excluding all others. During those situations, we will work diligently with you to find the best course of action to minimize your outof-pocket expenses.
Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns, or to order service repairs: 888.737.7070.
We provide a professional group of insured and licensed contractors to do repairs in your home, and they will be there to complete their tasks when these items occur:
- Call us immediately when the problem occurs.
- Your problem or failure is a result of normal "wear and tear."
- The failure must be located within the main foundation of the home (except for pool, spa, lawn sprinkler, and air conditioning equipment, septic and well
- You live in a manufactured housing, condo or a single family residence less than 5,000 square feet. Call for a quote if the dwelling is larger.
- The failure was in good working order the effective day of this contract.
There are two items that must be followed, please note:
- We choose the service provider
- We do not reimburse for services unless we give you an authorization
- SO, PLEASE DON'T CALL YOUR OWN CONTRACTOR!
This is the procedure to follow when you need service: Call our office. We will contact the service contractor. Service Contractor will call you to set up appointment during normal business days:
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (not including holidays or weekends).
We are not an emergency service company.
If you want quicker service, the assigned contractor will provide you with pricing and availability. You will be responsible for the additional fees, including overtime.
The wonderful news is that if your repairs are not completed to your satisfaction, we have a large network of contractors and can help you get another service contractor to complete the claim.
Your repair will carry a 60 day warranty on parts and 60 day warranty on labor (unless the covered items part specifies a different warranty period). When new equipment is installed, within 10 days, please send the "green tag” to us (HVAC, Plumbing), by e-mail, mail or fax. It will be our decision to repair or replace a covered system, appliance or component, and we have the right to send a second opinion. Remember, we will not pay for non-covered work or
It is very important that you know when you will be responsible for paying a co-pay (just like at your Doctor's office) for service. Every time a contractor comes to your house, you will be required to pay for each call by trade (plumbing, electrical, appliance, heating air/conditioning, lawn care, termites, etc.) These co-pays may vary in price. Check your plan. The co-pay is due even if the claim is not covered by the plan. It is costly to have the service contractor come to your house. If you fail to show or if you cancel the appointment after the contractor is on the way to your house, then we will have to suspend your coverage until you pay the proper co-pay fee. After the fees are paid, coverage will resume. You cannot place a new claim on another item until you have paid all the fees.
We may allow you to contact another contractor, who is not employed by us, to obtain a diagnosis or repair when one is not available. When this situation happens we request:
- The contractor you hire is qualified, licensed (when necessary HVAC/ Plumbing/Electrical) and insured.
- After the contractor arrives at your home and diagnoses the problem, you must call our office with a diagnosis and the service requirements.
- If the repair is approved, we will give you an authorization number for the specific service and amount that we have authorized.
- You will pay the contractor.
- Send us the invoice and our authorization number for reimbursement.
- A co-pay amount will be deducted from your check.
We have the option to pay, to you or a service contractor, a cash settlement in lieu of repair or replacement. The cash settlement will always be less than
retail cost. These payments are based on negotiated rates with our service contractors. When cash in lieu of payment is made, and you decide to purchase used equipment instead of new, we cannot cover it and we cannot be responsible for work performed on the purchased equipment until the warranty has expired. When a system or appliance cannot be repaired or replaced, the cash in lieu will be for the part only.
Be sure and contact us for service prior to expiration of this plan. Please share your e-mail address with us. E-mail is the best communication tool to keep us in constant contact with you. We want to know how our service providers are doing and welcome your comments. Plus, we send a newsletter monthly with Home-Tips just for you.
DIFFERENT PLANS AND HOW THEY WORK
Contract Terms If you are selling your home, remember that we offer Seller's Coverage: BASIC Contract only: Coverage starts when we receive and accept Listing Agreement, which can be entered by phone, fax, e-mail, or website. A confirmation number will be given on receipt of the application. The listing period is limited to 180 days: this coverage ends after that 180 days, or at close of sale, or at termination of listing, whichever comes first. Seller's coverage is not available with "for sale by owner” transactions. All systems and appliances which fail due to pre-existing conditions are not covered during this period. Seller may not use coupons to pay co-pay.
If you have rental property or want to give a gift, we have Individual Coverage, not from a Real Estate transaction: Individual coverage begins when the plan fee is paid to us and continues for twelve (12) months. Optional coverage is available if purchased in the first thirty (30) days of the contract. Contact us for a quote.
Renewal Coverage: Renewal coverage begins on the anniversary date of the expired coverage, provided that the plan fee has been received by Nations within thirty days (30) of expiration, and continues for twelve (12) months. Optional coverages can be added if purchased within the first thirty (30) days after the renewal date.
Co-Pay Amounts & Conditions
You are responsible to pay the service contractor for copay amount. Each trade call is a separate co-pay. Co-pay amount per call is $60 with the following exceptions: "GREEN" General Pest Treatment $80; RODENT treatment $95; FIRE ANT treatment $99. In the contract, there are a few
alternate treatments available which have larger co-pays. They are noted with explanation. Termite inspection $75. All pest and rodent co-pays are subject to sales tax.
The contract holder is responsible for co-pay when:
- The technician arrives at your home and before the diagnosis or the repair.
- A service technician is on the way to your home and you cancel the appointment.
- You are not home and have not cancelled the appointment.
- The service contractor's diagnosis results in a complete or partial denial.
- On a "recall" service claim, a part failure is diagnosed as different from the previous failure.
If payment is not made, your account will be placed on hold, and we will not schedule future claims until any outstanding co-pays have been satisfied.
Cancellation, Transfer and Renewal
We can cancel the contract:
- if the contract holder defrauds or misrepresents information relating to the systems or appliances covered under this plan,
- refuses to pay co-payment,
- if the contract holder is verbally or physically abusive to any of our employees or to a contractor.
If the contract is cancelled, by us only, the contract holder will be entitled to a pro rata refund of the paid contract fee for the unexpired term less $50 administrative fee and any service costs incurred by us. If the covered property changes ownership during the contract term, please call us at 1.888.737.7070 for further information to transfer the coverage to the new owner. This contract may be renewed at our option. Contract holder will be notified of the prevailing rates and terms of renewal. You must contact us to transfer property to new owner.
Basic Coverage Plan: $435
You must continue the required normal maintenance (including changing HVAC filters) and proper care of appliances and equipment while the contract is in effect, as specified by the manufacturers.
Heating and Air Conditioning
Heating and Ductwork: Furnaces, heat pumps, and cooling systems up to 5 ton capacity. INCLUDED: Air handler unit, metering devices, duct breaks (sheet metal, duct board, or flex duct), and builder's standard programmable thermostats. NOT INCLUDED: Water or steam heating, portable heaters, heat lamps, oil heating, duct vapor barrier, insulation, asbestos insulated ductwork, burner cleaning, connections to duct or plenum, diagnosis testing of ductwork, and duct separation caused by improper support or settling.
Air Conditioner: INCLUDED: Split systems and packaged systems only, condensing unit, evaporator coil, air handling unit, line dryers, secondary drain pans and lines (if already installed), metering devices (thermal expansion valves), exposed drain and refrigerant lines, air transitions, plenum, circuit breaker, and builder's standard programmable thermostats. We will repair units utilizing R22 refrigerant as long as parts are available; if an R-22 unit cannot be repaired, we will install R-410A equipment, which may increase non-covered costs to you for physical modifications. NOT INCLUDED: Gas air conditioning, chiller systems, evaporative coolers, zoned system, window units, hard start kit and variable speed motors, replacement of parts when unit needs cleaning, improper use of thermal expansion valve and condensate line stoppage.
HVAC Check-up: INCLUDED: Semi-annual (2 times per contract: one a/c and one furnace), standard co-pay applies. Additional fees will be charged for more than one unit: check with us for quote. You will be advised of designated time, by postcard and/or e-mail, the period in which service will be available. Check includes: Amp draw, contactors, condensate lines, capacitors, heat operations, thermostat calibration, electrical connections, refrigerant levels, temperature split, and carbon monoxide check. NOT INCLUDED: Filter cleaning or replacement.
- Co-pay fee does not cover any additional work beyond the Check.
- Contractor cannot diagnose problem if coils or condensing units are too dirty for system to operate properly: dirty coils or condensing units must be cleaned before diagnosis.
EXTRA ITEMS THAT APPLY - NOT INCLUDED: Registers or grills, modifications to air handler, filter rack, humidifiers, dampers and damper controls, electronic air cleaners, filters, flues, vents, and roof jacks.
Plumbing System, Water Heater, & Stoppages:
- Leak Detection (Limited to water supply lines)
- Leaks or breaks in water, drain, gas, vent or waste lines
- Toilets tanks, wax ring seals
- Angle stops
- Risers and gate valves
- Built-in bathtub/ Whirlpool motor
- Valves for shower and tub
- Sump pump permanently installed within the foundation (ground water only)
- Water Heater includes: tank leaks, thermostat, gas valve, drain valve, relief valve, burner and heating element
- Circulating pump
- Stoppage will be cleared in drain or sewer lines up to 100 feet from access point into foundation, when there is an accessible ground level clean out that reaches the stoppage.
NOT INCLUDED PLUMBING: Sewage ejector pump, flanges, diverter, pop-ups, tub overflows, leaks or breaks in lines, vents, fixtures, faucets, hose bibs, shower and tub drains, shower enclosures and base pans, pressure regulators, toilet lid and seat, algae buildup, float switch or defective sensor, any part of any part of the gas fireplace system.. NOT INCLUDED WATER HEATER: Flues, vents, dip tube, thermal expansion, tank and parts recommended by the manufacturer. Maximum of 50 gallon builder's standard unit. NOT INCLUDED STOPPAGES: Collapsed, damaged or broken drain; vent or sewer line outside the confines of the main foundation, access to drain or sewer lines from vent; removal of toilet; costs to locate or install a ground level clean out; stoppages as a result of roots or foreign objects. Stoppage cleanout warranty is 24 hours.
- Light switches
- Standard voltage receptacles
- Door bells (limited to primary entrance and one button/chime)
- Bathroom built-in exhaust fans without lights
- GFCI Devices
- Ceiling fans
NOT INCLUDED: Light kits, remote control devices, or ceiling extensions; breaker panel or buss bars; intercom, audio, video, computer wiring; alarms (fire or security); fixtures; timers; dimmers; wiring that is not accessible; dead shorts; non-approved wiring connectionsor junctions; low voltage wiring and associated systems; landscape lighting; attic power ventilators; photocells; power surge, and any item deemed dangerous or obsolete per the National Electric Code.
LAWN TREATMENTS: Subject to local sales tax. Fire ant, lawn, and all pest control treatments are performed by technicians who are licensed with the Texas Department of Agriculture/ Pest Control Service.
Lawn Fertilizing (March through September)*:
Application of lawn fertilizer.
NOT INCLUDED: New lawns.
Lawn Pest Control*: Chinch bugs, Grub worms, and Army worms. Warranty 30 days. NOT INCLUDED: Any other pests not specified.
Fire Ants in Lawn*: Warranty 30 days. Manufacturer's direction is to allow 10 days from date of treatment to see desired results. Co-pay $99
NOT INCLUDED: Interior treatment, treatment of other pests.
Weed Prevention*: Spring treatment (available January to April) to cover warm weather weeds. Fall treatment (September to December) for cool weather weeds. Warranty 30 days. You must perform normal lawn maintenance.
NOT INCLUDED: Nut Sedge, Dallisgrass, and Poa Annua weeds.
Weed Control (May through August)*: Spot treatment to destroy existing weeds in yard. Weeds continually grow, so each treatment will require new co-pay.
NOT INCLUDED: Nut Sedge, Dallisgrass, and Poa Annua weeds, prevention of new weeds.
*NOT INCLUDED: Lawns exceeding 10,000 square feet (for larger lawns, call for quote); any area other than lawn, such as flower beds, ground cover, trees; and lawn maintenance.
Subject to local tax
Carpenter Ants: INCLUDED: Pre-existing infestation. Treatment warranty 30 days. For a $99 co-pay, treatment warranty is 90 days. NOT INCLUDED: Repair to damaged areas, alterations to structure or landscaping that affect the control of Carpenter Ants.
General Pests: INCLUDED: Inside perimeter of the home, for the following insects: American Roaches, Earwigs, Millipedes, Clover Mites, Centipedes, Sow Bugs, House Ants, House Spiders, Firebrats, Silverfish, Ground Beetles, and Pill bugs. Upon request "GREEN" treatment can be provided. Treatment will be performed with botanical organic products. Co-pay is $80 NOT INCLUDED for both treatments: Bed Bugs, Fleas, Ticks, Bees, Fire Ants, Pharaoh Ants, Fungus, Wood-Boring Beetles, Rodents, Brown Recluse Spiders, Black Widow Spiders, and German Roaches. Warranty 30 days.
Rodents: INCLUDED: Mice, Norway Rats and Roof Rats (inside perimeter of home). Co-pay $95
NOT INCLUDED: Repair to damaged areas or removal of dead rodents.
Kitchen Appliances-one of each, all located in Primary Kitchen
Dishwasher: Pump, motor, fill valve, gasket, seal, door latch, and control board touch pad. NOT INCLUDED: Air gap
Garbage Disposal: NOT INCLUDED: Damage caused by foreign objects.
Microwave, Built-in: INCLUDED: Magnetron; touch tone panel. NOT INCLUDED: Damage caused by arcing or fire.
Oven/Range/Cooktop/Vent-a-hood (one of 4 of 6 each): INCLUDED: Self-cleaning mechanisms and timers (when timer affects the primary function of oven). NOT INCLUDED: Sensi-heat burners, meat probe assemblies, rotisseries, filters, and magnetic induction and convection ovens.
Trash Compactor: INCLUDED: Motor and ram assembly NOT INCLUDED: Replacement buckets, lock and key assemblies; replacement keys.
NOT INCLUDED ALL APPLIANCES: Liners or cavities, clocks, timers, lights, light sockets, filters, switches, dials, buckets, runner guards, pans, handles, knobs, door glass, detachable or removable components, trays, rollers, baskets, racks, shelves, tubs, portable or countertop units, trim kits, any combo unit, and components that do not contribute to the primary function. Note: Combo units are covered for repair only.
Re-Key of House and Re-Programming of garage door remote control: INCLUDES: 6 key holes (including deadbolts) and four keys, two remotes maximum. NOT INCLUDED: Security Locks, re-programming car remote devices or exterior keypads, purchase of new locks or remote devices.
Smoke Detector: INCLUDED: Battery operated and hardwire.
MAXIMUM PAYMENT PER ITEM DURING THE TERM OF THE BASIC CONTRACT includes diagnosis as well as repair or replacement
Plumbing System-repair of pipe that is
Additional payment must be made. Optional coverage must be purchased within thirty (30) days from the start date of the contract.
R-410A Modification Package $50: We will pay up to $500 per contract period towards air conditioning modifications that may become necessary when we replace equipment with equipment using R-410A.
GREEN PACKAGE $80: Replace with ENERGY STAR or energy efficient equipment. Subject to all other contract exclusions and limitations, and the covered item cannot be repaired. INCLUDED: Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Clothes Washer, Free Standing Freezer, Furnace, and Water Heater. Covered appliances will be replaced with ENERGY STAR qualified equipment (subject to availability); heating system will be replaced with a 90% efficiency model, and water heater may be replaced with a tankless water heater. NOT INCLUDED: Costs for modifications or alterations for heating system or tankless water heater.
PREMIER PACKAGE $90: INCLUDED:
- Code Violation Correction: We will pay up to $250 per contract term to correct code violations when affecting repair or replacement.
- Permits: We will pay up to $150 per occurrence up to $500 maximum per contract term.
- Refrigerant Recovery and Disposal
- Haul Away of replaced equipment. We will pay up to $150 per occurrence up to $500 maximum per contract term.
- Built-in Microwave: One unit only (will not replace microwave if part of a combo unit). Door glass and shelves
- Plumbing: Cracks or breaks in toilet and tanks that are not cosmetic, faucets and showerheads (both replaced with builder's standard chrome), shower arm, and hose bibs ($600 limit per contract period).
- Garage Door Opener, one unit only, (garage door opener option must be purchased): Hinges, springs, and electric eye. NOT INCLUDED: Garage Door, Door and track adjustments, track assembly, cables, rollers, transmitters, remote controls, damages, and exterior touch pads.
- Mismatched System: We will cover a malfunction of a system that was not matched in size or efficiency prior to the contract term; we will not replace equipment for the purpose of matching systems.
- Improper Installation: We will correct malfunctions due to improper installations or repairs. All other limitations and exclusions of coverage apply. If a system is of inadequate capacity, this coverage wil not apply.
- Crane: We will pay up to $250 per contract period towards cranes or other lifting equipment that are necessary for service to rooftop HVAC units. The following items will be covered if the parts are available. If the parts are not available, we are not responsible for replacement:
- Trash Compactor: Removable buckets
- Air Conditioning: registers, grills, window units (maximum 12,000 BTU air conditioner only) up to two maximum
- Dishwasher: Racks, baskets, rollers
- Heating: Registers, grills, heat lamps
- Oven / Range /Cooktop/ Vent-a-hood: Racks, dials, knobs
PREFERRED PACKAGE $490: Consists of the Basic Package PLUS the following: Subterranean Termites and Garage Door Opener (1 unit/motor only).
ULTIMATE PACKAGE $595: Consists of the Basic Package PLUS the following: Subterranean Termites, Garage Door Opener (1 unit/motor only), Washer/Dryer/Refrigerator with Ice Maker & Dispenser.
Individual Optional Coverage Items
Clothes Washer / Clothes Dryer (one set) $85: INCLUDED: motor, pump, belts, thermostat, and heating element. NOT INCLUDED: Knobs and dials, filters/screens, dispensers, tub or plastic mini-tubs, all-in-one washer/dryer, damage to clothes.
Freezer, Free Standing (maximum of 19 cubic feet) $40: NOT INCLUDED: Filters, racks, shelves, interior thermal shells
Garage Door Opener $30: Garage Door Opener, one unit only: INCLUDED: Mechanical screw or chain driven motor, and limit switches. NOT INCLUDED: hinges, springs, electric eye, garage door adjustment, track assembly, cables, rollers, transmitters, remote controls, damage to automobiles, and exterior touch pads (For each additional unit, an optional coverage must be purchased).
2nd Kitchen $110: INCLUDED: One of each item. Garbage disposal, Dishwasher, Built-in Oven/Range/ Cooktop/Vent-a-hood, Trash Compactor, and Built-in Microwave. NOTE: All the appliances in this option have the same coverage, exclusions, and limitations as in the "Basic” coverage.
Lawn Sprinkler System $100: INCLUDED: Leaks and breaks in PVC lines, standard residential sprinkler heads and shut off valves. Covers properties up to a maximum 1/2 acre. Call us for a quote if more than 1/2 acre.
NOT INCLUDED: Agricultural grade equipment, check valves, substandard materials, wiring not rated U.L. for underground use, back flow prevention devices, hydraulic systems, clocks, timers, control panels, sprinkler heads broken because of abuse, rain sensors, and adjustment of heads.
Pool/Spa Equipment $165: INCLUDED: Primary equipment of chlorine and salt water pools; above ground and accessible components and parts of the heating, pumping, and filtration system including: filter grids, primary and sweep/cleaner pump and motor, internal workings of basic electromechanical timers and spa air blower. Additional optional coverage is required if pool and spa do not share common equipment.
NOT INCLUDED: Above ground pools and spas, two speed motors, disposable filtration media, salt/chlorine generators/cells, check valves, spa booster pump, lights, cleaning equipment, computer operated systems or components including computer or heater control boards, motorized valves, in-floor cleaning systems, damage caused by low water level or improper water chemistry, fountains, waterfalls, and water purifiers.
Refrigerator, Primary Kitchen $45: INCLUDED: Compressor, thermostat, evaporator, condenser coil, defrost system, ice maker, water dispenser, and integral freezer.
Additional Refrigerator $30: INCLUDED:Only available when kitchen refrigerator option is purchased. This option does not apply to dual compressor refrigerators. Compressor, thermostat, evaporator, condenser coil, defrost system, and integral freezer.
NOT INCLUDED: ice maker, water dispenser
NOT INCLUDED FOR BOTH REFRIGERATORS: Wine chillers, ice buckets, auger motor and arm, filters, racks, shelves, ice crushers, interior thermal shells, freezers which are not an integral part of the refrigerator and water lines.
Septic Pumping $40: INCLUDED: Clearing mainline stoppages that can be cleared with a cable through an existing access or cleanout without excavation. If stoppage is due to septic tank backup, service will be performed on one tank, once in a thirteen (13) month period. Coverage will be valid only if a septic tank certification was completed within 90 days of closing by a licensed plumbing contractor. A copy of the certification will be required prior to beginning of service.
NOT INCLUDED: Aerobic systems, hydro-jetting, broken or collapsed sewer lines, stoppages or roots that prevents the effective use of an externally applied sewer cable, pumps, finding or gaining access to the septic tank, cesspool, chemical treatment of the tank, mechanical pump or systems, hook-ups, and disposal of waste.
Subterranean Termites $53: INCLUDED: Treatment of active Eastern Subterranean Termites, including pre-existing active infestation. Treatment performed by technicians licensed with the Texas Department of Arigulcuture/Pest Control Service. NOT INCLUDED: Conducive conditions, repair to damaged areas, Formosan, Drywood, or Dampwood termites, treatment where there is customer sensitivity, environmental hazard, or access is blocked by structural design. Treatment is $300 co-pay. Inspection without treatment is $75. All items are subject to local sales tax.
Well Pump $100: INCLUDED: Well pump utilized as the main source of water to the home. NOT INCLUDED: Booster/Jet Pump unless additional coverage is purchased,
Well Pump and Booster/Jet Pump $150: For Well Pump and/or Booster Pump, NOT INCLUDED: Well casing, pressure tanks, piping, electrical lines, re-drilling of well, control boxes, pressure switches, capacitors, relays, and access to diagnose or repair system.
Wet Bar Refrigerator $25: INCLUDED: One unit 7 cubic feet or less, all mechanical parts that affect the operation including compressor, thermostat, evaporator, condenser coil and defrost system. NOT INCLUDED: Interior thermal shells, icemaker, filters, racks, and shelves.
Wine Cooler $25: INCLUDED: One unit with 30 bottle max capacity, all mechanical parts that affect the operation including compressor, thermostat, evaporator, condenser coil and defrost system. NOT INCLUDED: Interior thermal shells, filters, racks, shelves
MAXIMUM PAYMENT PER OPTIONAL
COVERAGE ITEM DURING THE
TERM OF THE CONTRACT
includes diagnosis as well as
repair or replacement
Additional Refrigerator.................... $750
Well Pump and/or Booster Pump....$1,500
Wet Bar Refrigerator........................$500
GREEN Package............................. $1,500
This contract does not cover the following:
- Routine maintenance: You are responsible for maintenance and cleaning as specified by the manufacturer for all items covered in this contract. Any item not properly maintained will not be covered. (Examples are: Air Conditioning - disposable filters should be changed monthly; electrostatic filters should be brushed and washed monthly, yearly cleaning should be done to evaporator coil, condenser, blower wheel, and heat exchangers. Water heater - flushed twice per year)
- Cosmetic or audible defects if the function of the item is not affected.
- Common equipment when covered property is a duplex or condominium.
- Refrigerant requirements, permits, and code corrections to comply with federal, state, local or utility regulations or with building or zoning codes.
- Like-for-like replacement of appliances or systems, such as matching dimensions, brand, color (including stainless steel), features, or functions. We will replace equipment and parts with similar capacity and efficiency.Replacement will be with builder's standard unit only.
- Systems or appliances specified by the manufacturer as commercial.
- Systems or appliances covered by a manufacturer's, distributor's, or other warranty.
- Systems or appliances that are improperly installed, maintained, repaired or modified.
- Any item working on a three phase electrical system equipment.
- Systems, appliances, piping, or wiring that are improperly sized or lack sufficient capacity.
- Any items related to solar, geothermal, or fire suppression systems including piping, and heat source well pumps.
- Problems caused by cleaning of dirty, clogged coils or blower assemblies.
- Systems or appliances that are mismatched in efficiency or capacity, replacement of equipment for the purpose of matching systems.
- Commercial property or a residence used as a business.
- System or appliance that has had recent attempted repairs by anyone other than our contractor.
- Systems or appliances that are disassembled or have parts missing.
- A malfunction that was caused by misuse, abuse, or damage by people, pests, rodents, pets, or insects.
- Energy management systems
- Systems or appliances for which a manufacturer has issued a recall or declared a deficiency
- Conditions caused by sediment or mineral accumulation or electrolysis.
- Computerized or pneumatic controls for any covered item.
- Any work done by non-licensed individuals.
- Repair of a system or appliance which would remain non-compliant with federal or state laws, code requirements, or manufacturers' specifications after repair was completed.
- Repair of a system or appliance which has been deemed unsafe or defective by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Our contractors reserve the right to rebuild an appliance clock or timer.
- We are not responsible or liable for consequential or secondary damage, loss or bodily Injury.
- We are not responsible for delay or failure to perform, or accidents that are due to conditions beyond our control, such as: inability to purchase, abnormal weather, tornados, fire, mud, soil or foundation movement, structural damage, masonry work, water damage, flood, electrical failure, smoke, lightning, freezing, earthquakes, theft, storms, accidents, war, riots, vandalism, acts of God, and root damage.
- We are not responsible for a service contractor's negligence, delay, inappropriate behavior, or failure to provide service.
- We are not responsible for loss of income, food or beverage spoilage, utility bills, additional living expenses, or delays in securing parts.
- We are not responsible for injury or damage caused by: mold, mildew, fungus, bacteria, virus, rot, spores, asbestos, lead paint, sewage spills, or any other hazardous or toxic material or chemicals. We will not provide service to areas containing these materials. We are not responsible for abatement, removal, or remediation of these materials.
- Any construction or restoration of items such as floor, masonry, cabinets, tile, paint, countertops, marble, wall coverings or similar items.
- You must call us for service prior to the expiration of this contract.
- We reserve the right to inspect systems and appliances and to require a home inspection report at any time.
You may be charged an additional fee by the repair contractor for:
- Sales tax for new equipment
- Haul away of replaced equipment
- Refrigerant recovery and disposal
- Code violation corrections
- Cranes to install equipment
- Construction modifications to install new equipment, Improper Installation, repair or modifications
- Relocation of equipment
- Additional manpower or equipment which is required to repair or replace any system or appliance,
- Connections to larger equipment
- Access to equipment, in order to make repairs. The contractor will not restore walls, floors, tile, masonry, marble, wall coverings, cabinets, or similar items to their original condition. In some cases, you may be required to provide access.
- Governmental agency mandates or natural catastrophes can cause scarcity of a product. When this happens the homeowner's "out of pocket costs” may increase.
- Customer's out of pocket expense will increase if Freon cost exceeds $15 per pound.
Upgrade packages provide monetary assistance with many of these fees. Please read the descriptions of these packages: R-410A, Premier Package, Preferred Package and Ultimate Package and choose the plan for your home. Perfect for older homes that many need water heater or air conditioning and heat replacements.
NOTICE: YOU, THE BUYER, HAVE OTHER RIGHTS AND REMEDIES UNDER THE TEXAS DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES - CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT
WHICH ARE IN ADDITION TO ANY REMEDY WHICH MAY BE AVAILABLE UNDER THIS CONTRACT. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONCERNING YOUR RIGHTS,
CONTACT THE CONSUMER PROTECTION DIVISION OF THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE, YOUR LOCAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY OR COUNTY ATTORNEY
OR THE ATTORNEY OF YOUR CHOICE.
Purchase of a residential service contract is optional. You may purchase similar coverage through other residential service companies or insurance companies authorized to transact business in the State of Texas.
Licensed and regulated by Texas Real Estate Commission
P.O. Box 12188 - Austin, Texas 78711 - 512-936-3049
Renewal and Annual Contract Effective Date 2.6.2012(12.0)