- The key is the timing. Pre-emergent herbicides MUST be applied BEFORE crabgrass and weed seeds germinate.
- Treat early for weeds- before they SPROUT. Treat your lawn with a PRE-EMERGENT HERBECIDE.
- Best time: Mid- February to mid- March depending on surface temperature.
- Although the term ‘weed’ is subjective, it is usually applied to invasive plants that compete with the grass for space to grow – clover and dandelions, coarse-leaved grasses, daisies and buttercups as just some examples.
- Early identification and prompt removal can alleviate large-scale problems. This can be as simple as following a yearly lawn maintenance plan.
Call for an appointment with a Nations Home Warranty pest contractor TODAY! Thanks to the Royal Horticultural Society for this information.