FREON (R22) GOVERNMENT PHASE OUT
- Freon R22 WILL BE phased out by 2020 and will scarcely be available.
- ½ of ALL existing HVAC units will need to be replaced or reconfigured.
- R22 equipment must be replaced with equipment that works with R410 PURON (an environmentally safe refrigerant).
- If your house has an HVAC system that uses FREON R22:
- Add the PREMIER Package $100 to save hundreds of dollars:
- Code Violations: Pay $250 when effecting repair or replacement
- Permits: Pay up to $150 per occurrence up to $500 maximum per contract item.
- Refrigerant Recover and Disposal
- Haul Away of replaced equipment: Pay 150 per occurrence up to $500 per contract item.
- Cranes: Pay $500 per contract period towards cranes or other lifting equipment that are necessary to service to rooftop HVAC units.
- FREON 22 replacement and recapture
- Construction Modification Plan at $50: Pays up to $500 per contract period for construction modification costs that may become necessary when replacing old equipment with NEW equipment.